Regel direct zelf online of neem contact op via chat, telefoon of e-mail
Deel uw ervaring met anderen, stel een vraag of bekijk de tips
Polisvoorwaarden, vergoedingen, formulieren en brochures in pdf
op 07-11-2016 12:14 - laatst bewerkt op 07-11-2016 12:16 door Eva S
I have a basisverzekering and I know the psychological counseling is included as deductable.
I'm followed by a psychologist on line via skype in my original language, I pay with bank transfer
and she regularly presents me the invoices on my name and address (I have the residence here in Holland).
Everybody told me it is deductable because it's included in my assurance.
Maybe someone knows the procedure to declare these specific invoices?
op 07-11-2016 14:29
I have a few questions of my own that need clarification before I can answer your question accurately.
1) Do you have a referral from your GP for psychological care?
2) If I understand you correctly, you are currently receiving treatment from a caretaker that is not working within the Netherlands, is that right?
3) The invoices you receive, in which language are they made up?
4) What are the EXACT qualifications of the caretaker that is currently treating you? Psychologist? Psychiatrist? Psychotherapist? Coach?
I'll gladly hear from you to help you further with your question.
op 07-11-2016 14:50
Dear Jeroen, first of all many thanks for your kindness and attention.
1) In this case I don't. This consueling is on my own initiative. But if needed, I have documents from my previous Italian doctor (2009-2010)
2) Right. What I do is an online consueling via Skype. I live in Holland and I talk with an Italian psychologist from Firenze.
3) The invoices are named and addressed to me here in Holland, but they are in Italian language.
4) She is a PSYCHOLOGIST PSYCHOTHERAPIST, entered under the Psychologists order of Tuscany number 4472 since 2010
07-11-2016 15:51 - bewerkt 07-11-2016 15:56
Well, the care extended can either fall under the category 'alternative medicine' or under 'psychological care'. And considering this is plannable care of a specific nature, consumed abroad, makes your question rather tricky, Azumerle.
So to start off, some context on psychological care in the Netherlands as covered by the Dutch health-care insurance is required:
Only psychological care or psychiatrical care are covered under the basic insurance. That is to say: treatment of an illness or disorder of psychological nature.
Things such as coaching (to give you tools to deal with social interactions better at work or in private) or relation therapy (to have a better understanding of and relationship with your partner) is not covered by the basic insurance, since there is no treatment of a deeper mental disorder!
In the Netherlands, you need a referral fron your GP before you get access to a psychologist. If there is no referral, there is either no reimbursement or we are indeed talking about electoral care covered under additional insurances as alternative medicine.
Now, if we are indeed talking about the treatment of a mental disorder by a psychologist and thus about coverage from the basic insurance:
- We will need the referral from your GP for mental health care. Submit this referral together with the invoices of your psychologist.
- You will receive non-contracted rates for psychological care, since we only have contracts with caretakers in the Netherlands and not abroad. The non-contracted rate is 75% of the average contracted rate in the Netherlands.
- The reimbursement is liable towards your deductible excess (or "eigen risico" in Dutch) which means the first €385,- will be withheld if you have not fully conusmed your deductible excess in 2016 yet!
- My strong advice for you is to ask for English invoices.
You are allowed to send them in in Italian, however if there is any confusion about what your caretaker is charging us with on these invoices, we may have the Italian invoices translated to Dutch. We do not pay these costs, we will forward those to you!
So just to make sure this is not an issue, I advise you to have your invoices made up in English in the first place.
- You will need to submit invoices for care consumed outside of the Netherlands with a fully filled out "Claim Form Medical Expenses Abroad"
- You can submit your invoices online through Mijn Zilveren Kruis or by regular post to:
t.a.v. Competence Center Buitenland
P.O. box 70001
3000 KB Rotterdam
Clear instructions for you, Ezumerle?
If there is any remaining questions, I'll gladly hear them.
op 07-11-2016 16:18
It's all clear, thank you!
So I would need the invoices in English and the request from my doctor.
I already have the form.
op 07-11-2016 16:23
And feel free to ask any subsequent questions in the future.
op 02-01-2017 13:41
Dear all, I sent the declaratie for the psycological consueling: the invoices, the form for abroad medical expenses claim and my doctor request.
They registered my claims but they put in the eigen risiko, but as I know, it's refundable.
Anybody has some advice?
02-01-2017 16:31 - bewerkt 03-01-2017 09:14
Welcome back, @ezumerle
I have already answered your questions through private messages, but will reiterate here in concise terms for the sake of other readers:
The care you received abroad indeed appears to be covered by the basic insurance, which is good news. But, that is exactly why it was held liable against your deductible excess of 2016.
Obligatory deductible excess is a yearly returning amount. If you continue your treatment in 2017, your will be held liable for your deductible excess of 2017, which is also €385.
Provided you did not choose for a voluntary deductible excess on top of your obligatory deductible excess for 2017, with your costs extending beyond €385 you will indeed receive refunds on your account from us!
If you have any other questions in the future, you know where to find us!
3 weken geleden
Does someone knows what happens in the case that you have a referal from the huisarts and you visit a psychologist in the Netherlands who has no Ggz or Big registration? Can these costs be deductable?
3 weken geleden
I tried a therapy with Dutch psychologist too, and he explained me it works the same, the costs will be deducted from your eigen risiko, so until you have it, you pay; the only difference is, if I understood well, if the psychologist is GGZ registered, you don't have to declare on your own because he will send the invoice directly to the assurance, the same as a specialistic visit to the hospital for example.
If someone more expert has something to add, please you're welcome
3 weken geleden - laatst bewerkt donderdag
Good morning @Kyra,
Thanks for your answer Ezumerle. Unfortunately the information you gave is not correct.
I will tell you how the coverage is.
In the case you visited a psychologist without a BIG registration and who is no part of the GGZ, there is no coverage by the basic insurance.
When the psychologist is part of the GGZ, haves a BIG registration and there is a contract with us, he will send us the invoice directly.
The expenses will be covered by your basic insurance and you only have to pay the mandatory excess (eigen risico).
When you go to a psychologist who is part of the GGZ and haves a BIG registration but there is no contract with us, he will send you the invoice. Depends on your basic insurance what we cover. With the Basis Budget and Basis Zeker we cover a maximum 75% of the contracted rates. When you've a Basis Exclusief we cover 100% of the contracted rates. We charge you the mandatory excess over the part we cover by the basic insurance. The other part you pay yourself.
We also have coverage for alternative care. Alternative care is a reimbursement in the 2, 3 and 4 star additional package. We'll cover a maximum of €40 a day up to the maximum amount covered by your additional package. Some psychologists are part of a professional association. We have a list with recognized associations and they need to be part of one of the associations to have coverage for your treatment. Link (information at page 4): https://www.zilverenkruis.nl/SiteCollectionDocumen
I hope my answer is clear for you.
If there are any further questions, let me know!