How do I book an appointment with GP?

Nieuwkomer

I am a student in Amsterdam. I have the European Insurance Card. How do I book an appointment with a GP?

How do I book an appointment with GP?

4 ANTWOORDEN

Re: How do I book an appointment with GP?

Fanatiekeling

Hello Joanna,

Perhaps I can help you, because perhaps you need a GP urgently and Zilveren Kruis seems closed today.

In weekends and evenings after 18:00 there is a service for urgent medical needs, that cannot wait until the next day or monday. This is called " Huisartsenpost". the number is : 08800306000. See the attachment.

A GP is a " general practitioner" and the Dutch name for this " huisarts". ( which means home-doctor, thus this is a familydoctor). 

You can find addresses of doctors via internet or via the " zorgzoeker" (https://zorgzoeker.zilverenkruis.nl ) on the website of Zilveren Kruis. See the photo of a search for " Amsterdam". 

Perhaps Zilveren Kruis can tell you more about the different possibilities of inscribing or not inscrbing as a regular patient in the doctors practice. ( especially in your situation). A general practitioner gets about €75 for each inscribed patient from the insurance. In that case each visit to the doctor costs about €9. Both payed by the insurance. But if you donot inscribe each visit costs about €28 and perhaps this gives difficulties with the reimbursement. The advantage of not-inscribing the first time is that you can choose another doctor the next time.  When you have inscribed with a doctor, you cannot leave easily. 

Groet, Feina.

Hey @JoannaKa,

I see Feina  already gave you a nice and detailed answer. Did you need medical care right away? I hope you are doing well by now!

Is there anything we can do for you at the moment?
For example, we have the ‘Zorgcoach’. They can help find a GP in your area to enlist yourself with.

Vind je het leuk om berichten te lezen maar wil je graag meer? Als je lid wordt kun je optimaal gebruik maken van de community.

Fanatiekeling

Ik meen me te herinneren dat hier eerst een ander antwoord heeft gestaan. Klopt dat? Wat stond er en waarom was dat fout?

Groet, Feina.

Hoi Feina, ik zie geen wijzigingen in het topic! Vanwaar dacht je dat er eerst een ander antwoord stond? Wellicht was het een ander topic?