Surgery abroad

Nieuwkomer

Good morning, 

Apologies for English, I'm an expat and unfortunately do not speak Dutch.

Before moving to Netherlands I started in my home country (Italy) investigation for strong leg pain. As I travel back to my home country frequently, I followed up my investigation with my original doctor there, and last week finally got a diagnosis: Left Hip impingement.

I need to get surgery within the next few months, and I got a quotation from the hospital, All-which is quite expensive. How can I know if this will be covered in full (excluding excess of course) and Rates of coverage?

Thank you in advance for your kind help!

Regards

Diego

• Buitenland
  • Ziekenhuiszorg (MSZ)

Surgery abroad

3 ANTWOORDEN

Re: Surgery abroad

Fanatiekeling

Ciao Diego Pacifici,

Non sono un dipendente di Zilveren Kruis, ma una participante del forum.

Penso che la soluzione sia nel modulo E106, ma non ne sono completamente sicura. Nel attachment puoi trovare alcuni screenshots di sites che sono importante per te. L'allegato comprende 6 pagine. La pagina del " UWV" dice in Olandese che il formulo E106 è necessario in caso 

1. Si lavora a lungo in un altro paese che dove si abita

2. Si abita a lungo in un altro paese che dove si è assicurato. 

Naturalmente le stesse regole valgono in Italia, dunque le puoi leggere anche in Italiano su un website italiano. Non sono sicura di 1. nella tua situazione: forse abiti in Olanda e lavora in Olanda? Volevo domandare al SVB se valga anche in questa situazione l'E106, ma non sono riuscita di contattarli.

Un altro problema potrebbe essere il tipo di ospedale della tuo operazione. L'ospedale deve essere necessariamente di tipo " ospedale pubblico", perche altrimente l'assicurazione sociale sanitaria non paga. 

Spero che Zilveren Kruis ti da le stesse informazioni. 

Tradotto:

Hello Diego Pacifici,

I am not a working member of Zilveren Kruis, I am a participant of the forum.

I think that the solution is in the form E106, but I am not completely sure. In the attachment there are screenshots of sites which are important for you. The attachment has 6 pages. The page of the "UWV" says in Dutch that the form E106 is necessary / can be used in the following situations: 

1. One is working during a long period in another country than were you live

2. One is living during a long period in aonther country than were you have your health insurance.

Naturally the rules are the same in Italy, therefore you can read it yourself on an italian website. 

I am not sure about the option 1 of your situation. Perhaps you live in Holand and you work in Holland? I wanted to ask from the SVB if the form E106 is also valid in that situation, but I didnot succeed in contacting them. 

Another problem could be the type of hospital of your hip-operation. The hospital has to be of the type " public" , otherwise the social sanitary insurance doesnot pay. 

I do hope that you get the same information from Zilveren Kruis. 

Groet, Feina.

Voormalig medewerker Zilveren Kruis

Hi Diego, it is important to know if you are already covered in the Netherlands. If you will be living here, the E106 does not apply to you situation. Can you tell us a little bit about your situation? Like where you live now, if you will move to the Netherlands in that situation or that you already live here. And would you only want to have the surgery in Italy, or is surgery here fine as well? With answers to these questions I can help you further.

Fanatiekeling

Jeppe schreef:

Hi Diego, it is important to know if you are already covered in the Netherlands. If you will be living here, the E106 does not apply to you situation. Can you tell us a little bit about your situation? Like where you live now, if you will move to the Netherlands in that situation or that you already live here. And would you only want to have the surgery in Italy, or is surgery here fine as well? With answers to these questions I can help you further.

That question was the same I had. But I think that there are many situations in which this is not yet clear? And the form E106 is intended to facilitate translocation and migration within the EU. If Diego cannot use the E106 form, in a perfectly normal situation, then the EU-rules are not right! 

How is determined if somebody is living here already? I think that it would be better for him if he can say that is NOT living here yet. 

Groet, Feina.