Doctor visit UAE

Nieuwkomer

Hi,

My daughter (less than 2 years old) is on vacation currently in UAE with her grandparents. I was wondering:

1) if ZilverKruisAChmea insurance card would be accepted at the doctor and/or in hospitals there?

2) Do we pay ourselves first and then declare for reimbursement from ZilverKruis?

3) Can the hospital and or doctor bill directly to ZIlverKruis?

Thank you so much in advance for all the answers. 

Best regards,

bobby 

Meer onderwerpen bekijken die zijn gelabeld met:

Doctor visit UAE

OPGELOST
2 ANTWOORDEN

Re: Doctor visit UAE

Bewerkt 
Fanatiekeling

1) if ZilverKruisAChmea insurance card would be accepted at the doctor and/or in hospitals there?

Answer: definitely not, the insurance card is also an "EHIC"card, but this card is only for Europe. 

UAE=Verenigde Arabische Emiraten

2) Do we pay ourselves first and then declare for reimbursement from ZilverKruis

Answer: Yes, but it is highly possible that not everything will become paid back. Because the bill must first be translated and the medical treatment must be clear and " medically necessary". ( this means that the insurance will not reimburse you if they suspect that the treatment was not necessary). Also the dutch insurance only pays (  a percentage of) the amount the same consultation/ treatment would have cost in the Netherlands. When the child gets a TREATMENT ( thus more than a mere consultation of a doctor) then this must be asked in advance ( except emergency cases of course). It also depends on the level of insurance: has the child een " aanvullende verzekering" ? ( 1-4 sterren?)  In that case the costs are paid fully, also when they are higher then in the Netherlands. But one is not allowed to specially go there to get a treatment. The dutch insurance in practice only pays for illnesses that happen unexpectedly. 

3) Can the hospital and or doctor bill directly to ZIlverKruis?

No, because there is not a contract. Only in the case that there has been contact with the " alarmservice" of Zilveren Kruis then it is perhaps possible. The Alarm Service contacts perhaps the hospital and tells them about the system of payment. But you cannot say on your own that the hospital can send the bill to Zilveren Kruis. 

What I know for sure: The Dutch system for insurance of medical costs in other countries is very unclear. 

Groet, Feina.

Re: Doctor visit UAE

Voormalig medewerker Zilveren Kruis

Hi bobbyj87, I see Feina has answered your questions. We do always advize our customers to contact Eurocross in case of emergency care. They deal with health care abroad daily and can provide you with vital information. The Eurocross phone number is on the insurance card, and they can be reached 24/7.