Cross-border working

Voorbijganger

Hello,

I used to live and work in the Netherlands. I was registered at a Dutch address, had a Dutch health insurance. Now I moved to Germany and unregistered from my Dutch address, but I am still working for my job in the Netherlands. 

How can I get my Dutch health insurance now? As far as I am aware I must have a Dutch health insurance to work for a company in the Netherlands.

Thanks

Cross-border working

3 ANTWOORDEN

Re: Cross-border working

Webcare

Hello Emy,

You are right. When living in Germany, but working in The Netherlands you need a Dutch health insurance. You need two E106/S1 forms and hand them in a German health insurance. With that form the health care providers in Germany will send their costs directly to Zilveren Kruis. It's also possible that you get the bill yourself which you then can send to us. It also means that you don't have to pay for a German health insurance.

Do I understand you correctly that you don't have a Dutch health insurance anymore?

Normally you will automatically get two copies of the E106/S1 form, but since you ask this question I assume you didn't get them yet. You can get them by filling in the (Dutch) form via this link: https://www.zilverenkruis.nl/Consumenten/service/buitenland/paginas/s1-formulier-aanvragen.aspx. 

Please let me know if this is clear or if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,

Bas

Voorbijganger

Thank you for explaining. I still have two questions. Smiley VrolijkWhat will be the cost of my insurance in that case? Will it remain the same as the one I own already or do I have to pay some extra fees for EU coverage?

What will be the cost of my insurance in that case? Will it remain the same as the one I own already or do I have to pay some extra fees for EU coverage?

Will I be entitled to health care benefit in this case? (Zorgtoeslag). Given that I am above 18 yo, EU citizen and my income is low. 

Thanks

Webcare

Hello Emy,

You're most welcome with your questions!

The costs will be the same, we don't charge any extra costs. Of course you can change your policy so it fits your needs, like you would if you were still living in the Netherlands. Any changes made before 01-01-2018 will commence on the 01-01-2018. The S1-form is also proof that you already have a health insurance in The Netherlands, so that you don't have to pay for the German health insurance. 

The Belastingdienst is the organisation that has information about zorgtoeslag. You can call them at: (055) 5 385 385. 

Plesse let me know if you have any questions. 

Bas